STAND BY ME

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

KEYS 4 ART: IT ONLY GETS BETTER IN DAY 2

After our first night of partying I figured my sisters would SLEEP in a little!!! WRONG!!  My husband nudges me at 6:30 AM and says "I think those crazy ladies are awake already!".  Yep! They were!!!  They were already drinking coffee, catching up on the gossip and setting up their "play stations"!

Wednesday was our first day of INGRID DIJKERS's workshop (SEE HER MARCH 15TH BLOG POST ABOUT OUR RETREAT FOR MORE PICTURES!)

 As a Zetti-addict and a fan of Teesha Moore's, I always loved Ingrid's work - it is "zetti-ish" without being zetti.  Know what I mean?  Anyway, one of the ladies in our retreat group, Sue Young, had taken a class with Ingrid and had suggested to me that I would really love her work.  Well, I went to her blog, perused her fabulous FABULOUS journals and Sue was right!  I totally fell in love with her work.

After emailing back and forth with Ingrid and coordinating dates for her to come and teach us, I suggested several of her journals to the group and we decided on OVER THE EDGE.  This was for a couple of reasons, mainly because it's just amazing, but also because our new round robin journal was all about working over the edge!   A no-brainer right!?

So, anyway, we started on Wednesday with the first day of Ingrid's workshop (there were two days total).  These are some of the pictures from that first day workshop:


When taking a workshop with Ingrid, I wasn't just impressed with her beautiful work  - but with her beautiful soul.  Ingrid is a quiet person (hell, I thought we had scared her off the first night!!!) but once she is comfortable with you she is a pleasure to be with!  Don't miss out on her classes if you are lucky enough to be able to take one!




Ingrid provided some beautiful collage sheets for us to work with.



Ingrid Dijkers.


My beautiful and talented friend Tracy was in her element with this beautiful project.

These are some of the wonderful pages from the Over the Edge project:

My new mentor!









Tomorrow.... Day 3 and Julie Nutting!


5 comments:

  1. It was a great day, as were all I spent in Key Largo! Ingrid is an inspirational artist/teacher and Elena is the best host ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the workshop she taught us and I have been busily working on my journal for the last couple of days. It's so wonderful that she agreed to come to our retreat and teach us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying hearing all about the Key Largo retreat on all the attendee's blogs. What a great thing you have done for these ladies to be able to get together every year. I've never taken a class from Ingrid but I will now after seeing her work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this wonderful journal! I am in the process of learning how to make one and this is a great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pages at the end of your post. Oh, such yumminess!!

    ReplyDelete