STAND BY ME

Friday, March 7, 2014

TRUE STORY!!!!

Kaitlynn (my 7 year old granddaughter) is taking CCD classes so she can do her communion in the Catholic church.  On Wednesday my daughter took the girls to church for the Ash Wednesday mass.  This is a conversation they had in the car:

KAITLYNN:  Mom, I want to give up something for lent.  What should I give up?

KRISTINA:  Well, it has to be something you really love.  It is a sacrifice.  What do you really love?

KAITLYNN:  Candy!

KRISTINA:   Okay, but you have to understand that you can not have any candy at all for 40 days.  This is a promise you are making to God.

KAITLYNN:  Okay mom.  I can do it!

So Kaitlynn turns around and tells Maddie:

KAITLYNN:   Maddie, we are giving up candy for lent!

MADDIE:  We?  No Kaitlynn.  YOU are giving up candy for lent!  I did not promise God ANYTHING!!!

That kid just kills me!

1 comment:

  1. You got me laughing so hard Maddie Knows she didnt promis god no candy BC she loves it and we they said WE??? oh heck NO Maddie say I didnt.LOL

    ReplyDelete