STAND BY ME

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

BLAH BLAH BLAH

I refuse to work today.  I am so exhausted from hearing so many complaints and bad news. Granted, as a divorce attorney I really should not expect anything different.   This is the career I chose. But there are times during the year when I find that it just overwhelms me. And this is one of those times. No matter who I speak with today, all I hear is "blah blah blah"  so I figure I will just not talk to them today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

I purchased Ali Edwards Week In The Life class. I still have not done it. I guess I'm waiting for a more "interesting" week!!   Today I have looked through her week in the life Journal and as always, I'm flabbergasted by her innate ability to document the small every day things that make our life.   I buy all of her classes because I find her to be such an inspiration.  

 So what to do about the funk I am in? I really don't know. I realized last night that a lot of it has to do with my father. He was diagnosed with cancer on October 13, 2009 and died from it on December 28, 2009. 9 weeks between diagnosis and death did not really give us time to get our heads wrapped around what was happening. It was the biggest loss of my life. And, honestly, I have never been able to enjoy the holidays again since his death. This time of the year brings back so much sadness.


1 comment:

  1. I majored in psychology as an undergrad and almost became a therapist. But then I realized Id have to sit and listen to people's problem all day and I gave up that idea. I can totally understand how you could become tired of hearing all the issues after a while. Good to give yourself a break. I do it all the time. We nee to be good to ourselves on a regular basis to recharge.

    My mom died November 15, just a few days from now and almost 15 years ago. I'm still sad at this time of year. Remember your dad is always with you - and you know how proud he is. Ask him to send you a sign if you need a hug from him.

    ReplyDelete